About GoldieBlox and Gold Studios
GoldieBlox is the award-winning children’s multimedia company disrupting the pink aisle in toy stores globally and challenging gender stereotypes with the world’s first girl engineer character. Through the integration of storytelling and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) principles, GoldieBlox creates toys, books, apps, videos, animation and merchandise; the tools that empower girls to build their confidence, dreams and ultimately, their futures.
Since its founding in 2012, GoldieBlox has been recognized as a leader in children’s entertainment and has reached billions of consumers through TV, radio and digital as the first start-up with a Super Bowl commercial and a float in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. In 2014, Fast Company named GoldieBlox to its list of Most Innovative Companies, and GoldieBlox was recognized with The Toy Industry Association’s Toy of the Year and Apple’s iOS App of the Year awards. In 2015, GoldieBlox won Parents Magazine’s Toy of the Year and founder, Debbie Sterling, was inducted by President Obama as a Presidential Ambassador for Global Entrepreneurship, honored by the National Retail Foundation as one of 25 “People Shaping Retail’s Future,” and by the National Women’s History Museum with a “Living Legacy” Award for her work inspiring girls.
Candidate must be flexible with schedule, working occasional weekends and nights to accommodate production schedule. Out of state travel may also occasionally be required for production of specific projects.
Support Production and Development directly with file management as media is delivered from the content team. Oversee and coordinate all GoldieBlox media from initial ingestion of footage through upload of the final approved videos in a fast-paced environment. Interface with Gold Studios and Executive Producer to output and manage a robust slate of content.
- Serve as principle AE on shows
- Work with the Executive Producer to maintain post-production workflow
- Manage all hard drives and footage for GoldieBlox, including both current projects and archival footage
- Manage hard drive back up process
- Manage all memory cards and other storage media
- Ingest footage after shoots and create string outs of episodes
- Assist editors with delivery of assets, music, sound effects, episode information, lower third information, etc.
- Recruit, onboard and interface with freelance editors to ensure they have all necessary assets
- Send hard drives to remote editors; help ensure that we get them back
- Make editing tweaks to videos as needed including sound mixing, color correction, timing corrections, endcards etc.
- Establish uniform file structure and Premiere project structure for GoldieBlox; make sure editors keep using our structure
- Create proxy footage if necessary for 4K projects
- Help Executive Producer manage post-production and release schedule to ensure that all edits are done on time, and episodes air on schedule
- Post cuts for review to Slack channel
- Watch down final cuts of episodes for quality control
- Coordinate notes screenings of cuts of episodes; make sure notes get to editor and are implemented
- Send final exports of videos to Channel Manager for upload to YouTube
- Social cut downs of video assets created and delivered to marketing
- Sizzle creation for board meetings
- Be responsible for music cue sheets for new episodes
- Manage a library of all music, common assets, sound effects, stock footage, and stock photos that are purchased
- Assume full editor responsibilities on existing shows and pilots
- Move towards a post-production supervisor role if that role exists in the future
Contact: Send us an email including your resume, cover letter & examples of your work to email@example.com.