I actually have never made a vision board before. I get so caught up focusing on what’s right in front of me, that I never take a second to slow down and think about what I’d want to happen if I had a blank canvas. After seeing Ruby and Goldie’s vision boards, I thought “Why not?” and sat down and thought about all the exciting things that are happening this year, and other big dreams I’d like to see come to fruition. Here’s what I came up with:
I did a little doodling with BIC® Gel-ocity® Quick Dry Gel Pens to really make this come to life.
My Visions for 2020:
- By far, the biggest thing on my mind right now is my new baby boy due May 5. Dad, big brother Miles, and I are so excited to meet him. Can’t wait for the new adventures we’ll have as a family of four.
- I’d love to do more public speaking this year. It’s been one of the most fulfilling parts of my career. When I’m back from maternity leave, I definitely want to get back out there and talk to more audiences about how everyone has the potential to make a difference in their community.
- GoldieBlox is working on a lot of big things right now, and I think it’s really going to help grow our business, which is crazy exciting.
- I am so anxious to show you all the new videos and shows GoldieBlox is working on, but you’re going to need to stay tuned!
- It’s all about new things this year for GB, which includes new products. I think you’re really going to love the innovative direction we’re taking.
- Of course, everything we do is with girls at the top of mind. That being said, I want to talk to more girls about what they want. One of the ways I plan to do that is through our Goldie Kid Council. If your daughter isn’t already in it, she can join today.
- I’ve been loving the process of writing about my career, and I want to continue to do more thought leadership. It really helps me reflect on what I’ve learned and think about where I want to go.
- It’s been tough not being able to workout as much during pregnancy. I fully intend on getting back on the bike to get back in shape later on this year.
- I’ve lived in LA for more than a year now, and still haven’t really fully explored it. I’d love to actually get to know the city I live in. I plan to visit some of the museums and other big landmarks.
- I used to be such an avid reader, but it’s kind of fallen by the wayside. I’d love to start reading more again. Send me your book recs!
- This is such an important year for our country. I’m going to definitely vote in the primary and in November, and deeply care about the outcome of the election. If you take nothing else away from this vision board: VOTE VOTE VOTE. Please, make your voice is heard loud and clear about what you want for the future of the United States.
- I doodle constantly, but never really dedicate myself to making art like I used to. I’m going to set aside time that’s just for art like painting and drawing.
- Professionally, I want to make sure my work is all tying back to GoldieBlox’s mission: to close the gender gap in STEM. I hope that all the new things GoldieBlox is working on this year contribute to that vision. ❤️