With the weekend right around the corner, we wanted to share a few movies that you and your family could enjoy together. And since STEAM is everywhere, we found a few films that would teach you and your kids a bit more about it!
Below you’ll find a list of some of our favorites* and some fun STEAM facts about them that you may have not known. (Please remember to check which movie is age-appropriate for your children)
- The Lego Movie has an engineering twist to it that is unexpected. Between all the jokes and witty comments, your kids can learn how to create building prototypes of their own.
- Big Hero 6 features a friendly robot that helps a group of kids overtake a villain by using chemistry and engineering.
- Hidden Figures is the true amazing story about Katherine Jonson, Dorothy Vaughan and Mary Jackson and their journey working at NASA and being behind putting the first man in orbit
- Underwater Dreams this documentary is truly inspiring! It tells the story of a high school robotics team that challenged major schools like MIT in an underwater robotics competition.
- Apollo 13 is a take on the technical issues that astronauts faced to land Apollo 13 on the moon.
*Please note, this is not a sponsored post. We just really love these movies!
- Flubber (this one has my 7-year-old making “robots” out of every day items all over the house!)
Leave a comment